Sandwich Marina – Cape Cod Canal #27

We arrived at Sandwich Marina at 1:52 p.m, exactly 25 hours after we had left Maine. We were all happy to get nice warm showers.

Ralph spent the afternoon plotting our next passage on the charts. Franci worked on the blog.

Dinner would be hosted by Stephen and Arlene…….ribeye steaks, new potatoes and zucchinis with sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese. YUM! Hard to believe I did not get photos, but I was very tired that night following our all night passage the day before.

Late in the afternoon a neighbor docked next to us in a very interesting boat with a pilot house. Stephen and Ralph helped him dock and invited him to join us on our boat for cocktails later. He turned out to. be a very interesting fellow from Massachusetts named Buel Hollister. He had great stories to tell. You meet lots of interesting people along the way on a boating adventure.

Saturday, the next day, we walked to the Marshland Cafe for breakfast. Ralph knows all the great places to eat.

It was very popular. We had to wait a short time for our turn.

Blueberry pancakes

Best eggs Benedict I've ever had. Cooked to perfection.

Croissant with ham, eggs and cheese

Eggs, sausage and hash browns

After breakfast Ralph and Alene went to work fixing things on the boat, We called Dick to report the problems with the auto pilot. He said he would order a new one and have it shopped to Cape May, our next destination. Ralph installed the paper towel and towel holders that we had bought in our shopping journeys as well as the TP holder in the bathroom.

Arlene straightened things on the boat, Ralph worked on leaks we were having and we worked on our blog, hoping to get caught up and at least out if the Bahamas.

This is a live basil plant we have grown very fond of.

That afternoon we were invited to have happy hour with Buel on his boat, the Glencannon. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit with him. He's a seasoned sailor having owned a number of different boats in his 75 year lifetime. He once again shared many good stories with us.



That evening we walked to another nearby restaurant.

Bobby Byrne's Pub was another place recommended by Ralph. Food was great and we were so busy eating I forgot to take photos. After dinner it was raining and we were drenched by the time we got back to the boat. We hung up our wet duds and went off to our beds for a great night's sleep.

Life is good.

Fair winds,

Franci and Stephen



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s